- Have you ever walked into a room and experienced something so wonderful that you couldn’t help but be drawn to it? That would be apt to say for these beautiful handcrafted durries. Add a dash of vibrance and warmth to your room with these bright and colorful cotton durries.
- These are created on a handloom by our weavers by weaving strips of old or waste cotton sarees that are discarded due to print defects.
- The traditional Khes technique of weaving makes use of old saree strips in between the weft to add to the color and texture of a saree.
- This durrie weaving makes use of the khes technique where the entire durrie makes use of old saree strips as the weft on the loom.
- Since the durries are made from old saree waste, we get assorted colours of durries in each lot.
- One big size durrie helps transform seven old cotton sarees while the single size durrie makes use of four sarees.
- These durries are woven by our weavers in a remote village beyond Kolkata, West Bengal. By promoting and creating a market for these durries, we are trying to create more work and consistent and good employment for these traditional weavers.
- The soft cotton fabric makes it perfect for it to be used as a bed cover or throw or even a rug on your floor; talk about multipurpose!
- Each of these single durries are made from four cotton sarees; Each one is unique and cannot be recreated.
- The durrie can be machine washed; it is advisable to wash light colours separately.
- Dimensions : 4ft by 6ft
Upcycled Colourful Cotton Durries single in Green and Blue (RMG_CDS_36)
A vibrant and colourful durrie to add colour to your space
1 in stock
SKU: RMG_CDS_36 Categories: Bed Covers, By Materials, Furnishings, Home Decor, Rugs / Mats, Rugs /Mats, Sofa Throws, Textiles Tags: #colourful, Cotton, Durrie, Floor, Handloom, Mats, purple, red, Rugs, Saree, sofa, Throws, Upcycled, waste